Recording time against certain issues types

Jesse October 11, 2017

I am trying to establish a hierarchy in JIra, where I will create a Story and then have a series of subtasks.  I want team members to only book time against sub-tasks, however sometimes team members book time against the Story rather than the subtask.  Is there a way I can block time being recorded against the Story issue itself, and only allow time to be recorded against the Story's sub task? TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

You may want to see if the trick Nic suggests in the thread suggested under “Related Content” to the right here (Restricting Time Recording...) could work for you. Not clean from a long term maintenance perspective but the only way I could see this working.

Jesse October 11, 2017

Thanks I did read that I just wondered if there had been developments since 2014 (when that post was created).  Much appreciated

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

unfortunately not. There is a ticket about this but closed as won't fix. A similar ticket to be able to control per project remains open.

Suggest an answer