Recommendations for JIRA/ServiceNow integration

Scott Derderian June 9, 2022

Looking for recommended approaches (either via Scripting, add on, or both) to faciliate ServiceNow integration with our JIRA Data Center instance.

Here is our high-level use case.  We would like to set up the functionality giving the user the ability to initiate a Change Request (or Incident) in ServiceNow directly from a JIRA Issue -  either via button or menu item.

Keep in mind the resource implementing this may not be adept at scripting, so please provide as many details as you can if that is the recommended approach.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Mathieu Lepoutre _Exalate_ June 14, 2022

Hi @Scott Derderian 

I'm working as a pre-sales engineer with Exalate.

Initiating a change request directly from an issue is the bread and butter of Exalate.

Through triggers this can easily be done automatically.

The ticket will out-of-the-box be fully bi-directionally syncronized, which means, if a field gets updated on either side, it will automatically update on the other side, you can change this to make it uni-directional if you so please.

Exalate is easy and straightforward to set-up and you can control exactly which data you want to send and/or receive. 

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product, please book a slot with us. 

Cheers

Mathieu Lepoutre

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

@Scott Derderian Hi there! I understand that you're ok with using an external tool. In that case, I'd like to propose a possible solution to your use case. It's a no-code tool, called ZigiOps. It's quite flexible, can be customized to fit different scenarios/use cases. It establishes a bi-directional connection between Jira and Snow and syncs the data you want. And it can be tailored to allow the initiation of SNow Change Request/Incident from the Jira Issue. Feel free to take a look at it and if you want to know more about how it works - you can book a demo.  

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events