Ready for deployment user stories in Sprint

Kavitha_Kandula June 10, 2018

Hi,

I would like to know 2 things.

I) Can we have ready for deployment card in the scrum board layout meaning

to do - In progress- ready for testing- ready for deployment - Done.

2) When the sprint is 2 weeks , the developed feature can be deployed in the third sprint 

3) How do we track this for user stories and production bugs .

what are the best ways to configure the scrum board .

Awaiting for the reply.

Thanks,

Kavitha 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2018

I’m struggling to understand your questions. You mention two things but list three. You ask if you can have a “card” for ready for deployment and then list all (?) the columns in the board. In scrum and Kanban boards only Done = ready for deployment. The other columns. e.g. To Do and In Progress do not equate to ready for deployment. 

Maybe you are asking if you can add another column called ready for Deployment? Certainly you can do that. And make it the right-most column. You will need a status in your workflow to map to that column which should be transitioned from Done. However, isues in the right-most colum will disappear between sprints as that is how scrum boards work. If you want a solution where you release regularly (6 was) then consider Kanban board and make use of the release button it provides.  

Suggest an answer