Re-assign task under different project group

Brandon M_ Evans July 12, 2021

Hello,

I accidentally assigned a task to the wrong project group. I would like to re-assign it to a different one, but I don't see a way to change that. Under the edit fields, I can edit every other field except for the project group the ticket was assigned under.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

How are you doing this "assign to project group"?  And where?

Brandon M_ Evans July 12, 2021

When we (the company I work for) go to create a JIRA ticket, we hit 'Create Issue', then it gives us the following fields :

Project

Issue Type

Summary

Reporter

Description

The 'Project' field is where we keep our project groups, and that is the field I would like to change on the ticket, except I can only seem to edit every field except that one

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

So grumpy-me wants to point out that "project group" is meaningless.  You just mean "project".  It's pedantic, and it's "jira speak", but it is important to be clear on what we're talking about, otherwise we'll go in the wrong direction.

A project in Jira is a container for a pile of issues, it's not a field.  To change an issue's project, you have to move it (from the current container to another one)

Go into the issue that's in the wrong project and hit the options or functions menu.  Hopefully you should see "move issue" in there (if not, ask your admin about your permissions to move - you need "move" in the current project and "create" in the target project)

Suggest an answer