Rapid Board sprint: Can't drag TODO tasks into the INPROGRESS column

mike niemaz April 12, 2012

Hi,

I created a sprint with one story and one bug. While I mananged to process the bug through the InProgress and Done modes, It seems I can't do the same for the story or even its sub-task. When dragging the story, the UI only allow me to drop it in the Done column :-(

Previously, I had created a Sprint version (child of my main release) named Sprint2. And after I launched a Sprint (a la rapid board) which I also named Sprint2. It's the only way I found to be able to attach stories to a sprint. Would very much like to have to rapid board do it itself on the fly btw ...

Any idea?

Thanx,

--mike

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found why it was not working: It is because it was not assigned to me.

As an admin user, couldn't it take over the assigned properties?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

That is also determined by the workflow conditions. If the workflow allows the admin to transistion issues, it will work in Task board also.

0 votes

Can't really find where Stories or Bugs are differently treated in workflows. Would not mid a link ;-)

Meanwhile, I managed to transfert my story in Progress mode through the Task Board. The change was well reflected in the Rapid Board Work view. But I guess this is not really the way to do it right?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2012

Check the workflows for the issue types - they may be preventing the move.

Suggest an answer