Ranking of sub-taks in JIRA Agile Work Mode

Natalie Wenz April 27, 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm starting a new sprint and drag some issues from my backlog to my sprint. After that I'm starting to rank the issues inside this sprint in JIRA Agile plan mode. When I switch to work mode my ranking is not the same, because issues that contains sub-tasks will always be on top and issues without sub-tasks will be at the bottom. So it seems that all issues with sub-tasks are higher ranked than the others.

My configuration shows swimlanes according to stories. Can I can solve the problem by creating the swimlanes by Query and then sort them by rank?

Any solution for this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Configuring swimlanes will override the issue ranking - issues that are displayed as swimlanes will be above the ones without sub-tasks, shown as simple cards.

How were you planning to set up the swimlanes by queries? I'm not sure if there's a configuration that would allow you to change the order in which issues are displayed in a board. Ranking will be applied within a swimlane, but doesn't reorder the swimlanes themselves.

Suggest an answer