Ranking issues

joesayvongsa December 24, 2019

When I go to change the ranking of task. I keep getting an error saying “Jira,s having issues right now. Try again a bit later.” Then will go back to how I had it ranked previously. Any fix to this? To stop the error and have my ranking stay in order I want

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you are unable to rank issues in a Jira Cloud project, and when you try to do this you are seeing an error message that there is a problem and to try again later.

I found a similar internal support case recently.  I am curious to learn if perhaps this is an Next-Gen project or not.  In that other case it appears that if the user account in a Next-Gen project has not added to the people section of that project, then that user won't have the ability to change ranks.  The user needs to be at least Member to be able to Ranking Issues.

For additional information about Ranking & Next-Gen project permissions, please see the next links:

If you are not a project admin here, you will likely need to reach out to a project admin or a Jira Cloud site-admin to make sure that they have added you as at least member to that project if you are supposed to be able to change ranks there.

If that is not the case here, please let me know some more details about the project type here.  Perhaps a screenshot of the page along with the error you see might be helpful here too.

Thanks

Andy

Suggest an answer