Rank can't be enabled on my board even when the Filter Query is Rank enabled

felipe binimelis March 18, 2024

The board config is saying me my Filter Query is not ordered by rank, but the Filter query is filtered by Rank, I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Screenshot from 2024-03-18 10-55-25.png

If matters we have Basic Jira + "JQL search extensions" and no other add ons in our instance.

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2024

Hi @felipe binimelis and welcome to the Community!

That is a bit bizarre indeed. The only thing I see, is that rank in your query does not have a capital "R", so maybe you sneakily have another rank field in your instance.

You could modify your filter and remove the order by part of it. Then, you should be able to add ranking to your filter again from the board settings page (there should be an Add Rank button available then. That should make sure the correct field is enabled.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! we removed the line from the filter, but I can't find the "Add Rank" button, i'm following these instructions https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-ranking/ and I'm board admin.

Screenshot from 2024-03-18 12-18-17.png

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2024

Thanks, I asked the filter owner to update the filter and uploaded the image showing the filter includes the "order by Rank ASC" proposed in this solution.

Suggest an answer