Rank by "Issue type" in Greenhopper

Tony October 8, 2012

I apologize if there is a duplicate question but I searched and only found this one below that says it was closed because it's a duplicate but the "closer" neglected to add a link to the duplicate and I can't find it.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/75633/hiding-issue-type-in-greenhopper

Anyway, I need to rank only certain "issue types" in Greenhopper as I have different resources working on different "issue types." For instance, I have a team working on "Bugs" and a team working on "Changes."

Both streams have their own set of priorities seperate from each other and people from both teams are wondering why "their" tasks are ranked so low and I have to keep explaining the gap between "12 and 20" to their managers.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Assuming that you're using Rapid Boards, these boards are built off of JQL queries. Therefore, you could create a query like "project = XYZ and issuetype = bugs order by rank asc" and build one board for that, and then have another query like ""project = XYZ and issuetype = changes order by rank asc" and build a second board that consumes that query.

Alternatively, you could use one board for the project, and use swimlanes (with JQL) to split out the different issue types.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

another option: use quick filters with JQL so that you can switch between "Bugs" and "Changes" with the buttons along the top of the board.

Tony October 9, 2012

Hi...thanks. I've tried this and it's still showing the ranking with both issue types together. I've created a new board and selected my custom filter for the issue type "DPR" and it still shows within the issue navigator in jira the other issue type "Bugs" as being ranked in the same "collection" - for lack of a better term.

Rank 1-15 are "DPR"

Rank 15-20 are "Bugs"

...and the rest of the ranks are mixed between the two. You can see the screenshots below.

I've attached screenshots below.

Suggest an answer