Random Market place requests from New users.

tracey_bennett January 5, 2022

Hi there, I'm a site admin for Jira in my workplace. 

I have had two requests in the last few days for different Marketplace apps, sent on via our Jira project admins. from new  users titled:
'XUser requested the Zendesk support for Jira App' 

The message within says "Hi, I'd like to try this app. I think it could be really useful to the Team. Thanks!"

This is starting to look like spamming - can anyone advise how this is being triggered and how I can switch it off or at least make it only available to be triggered for users at Admin level?  

Many thanks, Tracey

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@tracey_bennett welcome to the Atlassian community 

Currently there is no way to turn off the app request feature in Jira.  The is a feature request here that you can vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74471

tracey_bennett January 6, 2022

Done, thanks @Brant Schroeder 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hey @tracey_bennett 

From your requirement looks like you have to disable the app requests for users.

Unfortunately this is still a feature request in JIRA Cloud https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74471

Please check that link and vote for it. 

Regards,

Vishwas

Done, thanks @Vishwas 

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

This isn't something with a technical solution, there's no way to turn it off.

If you did, all that would happen is your users would spend more time trying to find the admins/owners and asking for the app to be added.

The best "fix" for this is to explain to the people asking that you're not going to get the app installed, and why.  Or work with them to provide the functions they are asking for.

Thanks Nic, I have to disagree at the very least, to the target audience.
New users to Jira in my org are generally new to the organisation.
That means they have no idea what technical architecture is in place.
The last two requests which were spammed to about 10 site-admins, were requests for functionality already fulfilled by enterprise tools. 
We don't have a full-time admin so share the task on top of our regular roles. We don't have capacity to work backwards to understand why the new user thought an add-in might be a good idea.   
I'd prefer to workshop requests for functional requirements via our own Community of Practice, who are experienced, understand the tools available and can enunciate what  might be of additional benefit.   

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek January 5, 2022

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Unfortunately, according to the documentation Managing user requests for Marketplace apps, it seems that it is not possible to turn off requests for new applications for the Cloud solution.

Pavel

Thanks @Pavel Junek  - I note there is a new feature request in JIRA Cloud https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74471

Suggest an answer