Quick Filters - Project not in

Andrew Day March 8, 2021

I want to create a Quick Filter that will display all projects where project key does not start with 'MKT' we had this working on Jira on Prem "project in projectMatch("MKT*")" but it doe not work in Jira Cloud does any one have any ideas

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Andrew Day ,

If you can set Project Categories, I'd suggest creating a category named MKT.

After that, I'd add the category MKT to every project which key started with MKT.

Finally, the Quick Filter would contain the following JQL:

category = MKT

Hope it helps.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Oh, and if you would like to get all issues except those of MKT, the quick filter would be:

category != MKT OR category is EMPTY
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

The project "field" is not text, there's no string pattern matching in JQL for it.

I think you'll have to explicitly name every project in the JQL.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Andrew - you would need an add-on like ScriptRunner for your Cloud version to be able to do that. 

Andrew Day March 8, 2021

we have added it  and i have run this 'project in projectMatch("^((?!MKT).)*$")' from the Enhanced Search and it works but when i try to add it to a Quick Filter I get

Unable to find JQL function 'projectMatch(^((?!MKT).)*$)'.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that the Enhanced Search functions provided by ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can only be run on the enhanced search page as we have to run these search functions in a sandbox environment.

However, this does not mean they cannot be used on a board and to do this you need to save the search as a filter on the enhanced search page and share it with users. 

You can then reference this filter in your JQL for the quick filter by using a line of JQL of filter = 'FilterNameHere' and this will pull the results into your board when the filter is updated as per the filter syn interval period that you have configured for ScriptRunner.

I can confirm we have documented these steps in more detail in the knowledge base article located here for your reference.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events