Questions on uploading Test cases in JIRA using Zephyr Utility

Jaganathan Sekar March 1, 2015

Hi,

Please help in resolving the below issues when using the "zfj-importer-utility" to upload test case.
I'm writing all my Test cases in Excel.
In the Excel sheet for all my test case , I have included a column "Description" and in the Utility column I have mapped the column "Description" with the excel column heading when I upload the test case to JIRA , Description defined in the Excel are not uploaded in JIRA

In the Excel sheet I have separated all test cases by empty Row , and in Utility I have selected Discriminator as " Empty row" , after that started to upload the test cases in JIRA but still in JIRA i could see single test case with steps of all the test cases'.
In the Utility Not able to see a column Story No , due to which I'm not able to identify my Test case with the User story number
Please provide your response .

Thank You,

2 answers

0 votes
mohit.sharma1 July 28, 2020

Just one more thing need to check that starting row must be 2. Major reason only in this case you might be forget to save your test with a empty row on your local sheet. 

0 votes
Carmen Haines July 16, 2015

I don't have an answer but if you could help me. I have spent days trying to get the manual test steps to populate. It creates the test case but never includes the steps. Can I see how your spreadsheet is please? I am getting very desperate.

Suggest an answer