Question about field value automation.

Jason Liu February 8, 2023

Hi, I want to know if we can do automation about: 

If field A's value is 1, then it will automatically determine field B's value. Fields are every custom fields. We have JSU and ScriptRunner plug-ins. Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Evn Tomeny _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2023

Hi @Jason Liu

Evn from Appfire here. We make JSU. If I'm understanding correctly, what you're looking for should be possible with JSU, but only during a Workflow Transition. Here's an example:

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 1.34.05 PM.png

What I've done is added the "Update Any Issue Field (JSU)" post function, and then selected "Add a Precondition" - in this case, I chose Value Field, and said, "If Components = 1" then do the post function, which can then set whichever field you'd like to any value. In my example, I set "Priority" to "High".

I hope that helps!

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

@Jason Liu, would please be able to clarify your question? ScriptRunner and JSU can both be very powerful, but it's not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. If you could provide some additional context I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Thanks,

Kian

Jason Liu February 8, 2023

Hi Kian, I want to know if there's a function, which can do this automation. If a custom field's value is a specific value, then we can set another custom field's value automatically. Just like that. If it can do then we will put some settings to the fields. I'm not sure if it can happen and if yes, through workflow or some other ways.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

@Jason Liu

There is no way to do this out of the box with Jira Server. Jira Data center comes with Automation for Jira for free which will allow you to do what you are looking for. 

Jira Server can install Automation for Jira lite which is very very similar to Automation for Jira, but has some restrictions. Using that you should be able to set one field based on the value of another!

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events