Query to get weekly resolved over period of time

Oleksandr Tymofyeyev June 25, 2022

Hi. Thanks for taking a look.

What I'd like to know is if it's possible to make\see this:

1) statistics of weekly resolved for an extended period of time (year, all time)

2) the biggest weekly resolved number of all time for a given project

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Oleksandr Tymofyeyev ,

1/ You can use this JQL for 2022 for example: 

resolution is not EMPTY and (resolutiondate >= 2022-01-01 and resolutiondate <= now())

You can save this filter and then use it in a dashboard to show some weekly statistics with the Recently Created Chart gadget:

Capture d’écran 2022-06-26 à 06.27.19.png

2/ Same idea but the JQL will include a project where XXX is your project name:

project = "XXX" and resolution is not EMPTY and resolutiondate <= now()

And then add the same gadget but use your second filter to display data per week ;) 

To learn more about Advanced JQL search, have a look here: 
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

There is a lot of JQL functions that can help build your JQL filters. 

I hope it helps. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Oleksandr Tymofyeyev June 26, 2022

Hi! This does what I was looking for. Thanks.

Is it possible to filter it in this way:
to show only the amount of resolved tickets of the assignee who resolved most tickets any given week? Ko see WHO did the most tickets and how much each week.

If not, I guess I should build charts for every team member (adding assignee to filter) and compare?

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2022

Hi @Oleksandr Tymofyeyev 

With native features only you will have to build a filter for each assignee yes...

There is some apps that can do better and improve the Dashboard statistics experience like Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards which is one of my favorite apps: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Cheers,
Dam. 

Like Oleksandr Tymofyeyev likes this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2022

Hi @Oleksandr Tymofyeyev ,

Recently created chart gadget shows number of issues by creation date not by resolution date.

As an alternative, you can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team. You can get number of issues by resolution month and assignee as in the below screenshot.

issuesByResolutionMontAndAssignee.png

You can get the result as chart or in a table view.

issuesByResolutionMontAndAssigneeTableView.png

You can change the date range to week or day.

Below you can see an article about creating custom reports, charts and graphs in Jira with our app.

How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer