Query on story points?

London Projects November 6, 2017

Hi,

Ive configured story points to global context and for epic and story issue types. However its not showing when I create a story or epic issue.

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

You need to add story point field on the create screen of the epic and story issue types. 

Read more about adding fields to screen here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-screen-802592587.html

Or use where is my field link in the create screen to see the exact reason

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

You need to also add the Story points field on the "Screen scheme" associated with the issue in the project's screen scheme.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2017

Also, while create issues. On the create issue popup on the top right, there is an option of "Configure fields" when you click on "configure fields" then you can click on the link "Where is my field?" and then type the field name - "Story points" in this case and JIRA will also tell you exactly why the field is not appearing on the create screen.

Suggest an answer