Query not working for resolved issues

Michelle Chu May 26, 2021

Hello! I am trying to pull issues resolved within the last 30 days. I have used:

resolved > -30d

resolutiondate >= -30

I am getting no issues, even though I know that isn't true. Any ideas why?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi Michelle - I see no problem with your query. I ran it myself and see issues.

Maybe try adding a project in the front of it:

Project = ABC and resolved > -30d

Michelle Chu May 26, 2021

Yes, I am already doing that. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Run a query for just Project = ABC and statuscategory != Done

and see how many issues there are

Then look at the status and Resolved today to see when they were done

Like Carmen Valdés Téllez likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

@Michelle Chu  - Any update here? 

Michelle Chu June 14, 2021

Got the query to work, thanks!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Are you sure that you have resolved issues in your instance? Occasionally when folks set up workflows, they'll conclude with a Closed status or something similar, but unless there is a Resolution on an issue, it is not resolved.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

@Michelle Chu - If what Payne is suggesting is true (it happens*), considering using this JQL as a rough workaround:

project = PROJECTID and status changed to "DONESTATUS" BEFORE -30d

• replace PROJECTID with the project key you want to query, and
  • DONESTATUS with the name of your "Done" status. It might be "Done", or whatever your admin/s have configured.

* I would check with your admins to ensure your project workflows set (or ask the user for) a Resolution field value when closing tickets.

Suggest an answer