Query List of Releases across projects

mcziomer May 19, 2022

Hello,

we are working with Advanced Roadmap across several projects. In Advanced Roadmap, there is a 'Release View,' which cannot be exported nor embedded into Confluence. It also doesn't have the release description visible inside the project's release tab. 

The JQL documentation does not provide any guidance on how to query releases. It only guides to query issues within releases which I am not interested in. 

I am looking for help and guidance on creating a simple query across projects listing all the releases with descriptions, status, and dates.

I saw a similar post here with the solution to use PowerBI. But that should just be in JIRA isn't it?

Thanks,

Marcus

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022
Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I am understanding what you are looking to try to capture, I believe you can create an interface of what you would like to see through a Dashboard using the Jira Road Map Gadget.

There won't be any JQL that will query releases since JQL is specific for querying issues. However if you create a Dashboard (Dashboards > Create Dashboard) and add the Jira Road Map Gadget, you can configure it to show releases from all projects.
This widget will show the project, the release name, the release description, the release date and the number of completed issues out of the total number of issues in the release. The gadget can be configured to show this information for releases that have a release date X number of days in the future. The image below show a sample of gadget showing multiple Projects/Releases and their progress. In this case I configured it show all releases planned within the next 365 days.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 12.51.04 PM.png

Would this type of solution provide you the information you are looking for? If I have misunderstood your request please let me know and I would be happy to discuss further.

Best,
Andy
mcziomer May 22, 2022

Hi Andy, this works!

Like Andy Rusnak likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin