Queried tickets does not display Epic Name

wicked November 7, 2018

Hi there,

I've been trying to do a simple search where I would like to see the the linked Epic Name in the search for each ticket. Event though every ticket is a child of an epic, the Epic Name does not show up.

Important: I'm using next-gen projects

May I ask what I may be doing wrong?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm trying to do:

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 5.01.14 pm.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

Add “epic link” column

Final Resolution brought back to the top so others don't have to read thru all the troubleshooting...

This is a Next-Gen project and the Epic Link isn't displayed for those projects. Likely a bug that will be fixed at some point.

wicked November 8, 2018

Thanks @Jack Brickey, but unfortunately doesn't have that info. Attached screenshot :(Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.39.50 am.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

hmm, and you are sure that some/all of these tasks are associated to epics? can you show me a screenshot that confirms this?

wicked November 8, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey, thanks for following up. Yes sure attached two is our backlog vs my search filter (note this time is Sprint 2 because Sprint 1 was closed). 

Any suggestions are most welcomed! Thanks again so much in advance!

Backlog

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.49.50 am.png

Search Result

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.50.27 am.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

ok...well lets focus on just one because something isn't making sense. As it shows for me as you can see below. So click on say PE-68 and see if the detailed view is displaying the epic link of Unplanned/Support.

epic link detail view.jpgepic link list view.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

This is a Next-gen project isn't it. 

if so that is the issue. I think this is a know bug.

wicked November 8, 2018

@Jack Brickey yes this is a next-gen project :(  and as you expect, I don't have that detailed view. 

Oh well. I'll see if I can find that bug ticket.

Thanks again for your help again. Deeply appreciated!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

no problem. I suggest you click the feedback link in your instance and let Atlassian know you are interested in this. If your question is now resolved be sure to click the "Accept answer" on this thread as it helps others when they have a similar question.

Like wicked likes this
wicked November 8, 2018

Wow - is it just me or Atlassian has made it a LOT harder to submit a bug report? I've been trying for a while - kept going in circles... JIRA, create issue, don't have permission, link back to Support page, then submit report... on and on. WTH.

wicked November 13, 2018

For those interested, a bug has finally be filed here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17252

Like Lheiza Ortiz likes this
Mathias Weber February 20, 2020

Crazy this is not being solved since over 1.5 years now! The bug is considered a low priority - how can that be???

Like imosek8 likes this
Alison Meng April 5, 2021

I don't think this has been fixed even till now. Tried to use JQL to filter "epic name", couldn't. Can only filter "epic link".

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.22.28.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.23.06.png

Gaston Horvat June 30, 2021

Agree, the epics are still not sowed in filters, and I could not find any bug in jira with that description (the one at the beginning of this tread has been closed without solving this part mentioned in a comment on the ticket)

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

Hi @wicked,

If you add “and IssueType = Epic” to JQL, does the content appear in Epic name?

I think Epic name only appears in the IssueType like Epic.

wicked November 8, 2018

Hi @Ollie Guan,

Thanks for helping! Unfortunately I do not want only the Epics. I want to report on these tasks and see which Epic they're part of. Does it make sense?

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer