Purge vs Clear - Difference?

Robert September 6, 2015

Hi,

I am adding some Post Functions and I want to delete the content of a field. However, I see that 'Resolution' can be both 'cleared' or 'purged', depending on whether you use 'Update Issue Field', or 'Clear Field Value'. What is the difference?

Thanks.

Robert

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2015

Hi Robert, 

In Post Function Update Issue Field you need to change the Resolution to None in order to Clear resolution.

On Update issue Field, I don't think you will have Clear option for Resolution. If you see Clear option in the dropdown may be it is just one of resolution value.

Taha

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

Yes, you have to set the Resolution to None with Update Issue Field as found in this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2015

Nothing - the one using the word "purge" is effectively a duplicate function introduced by one of the standard addons.  The author of the addon chose an unusual word to say "clear"

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2017

The author may have chose that, but there appears to be a KB article on this specific topic:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html