Purge vs Clear - Difference?

Hi,

I am adding some Post Functions and I want to delete the content of a field. However, I see that 'Resolution' can be both 'cleared' or 'purged', depending on whether you use 'Update Issue Field', or 'Clear Field Value'. What is the difference?

Thanks.

Robert

2 answers

Comments Closed
1 votes

Nothing - the one using the word "purge" is effectively a duplicate function introduced by one of the standard addons.  The author of the addon chose an unusual word to say "clear"

The author may have chose that, but there appears to be a KB article on this specific topic:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html

Hi Robert, 

In Post Function Update Issue Field you need to change the Resolution to None in order to Clear resolution.

On Update issue Field, I don't think you will have Clear option for Resolution. If you see Clear option in the dropdown may be it is just one of resolution value.

Taha

Yes, you have to set the Resolution to None with Update Issue Field as found in this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

922 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot