Pull child stories into advanced roadmap

cburkhar August 9, 2022

I have an advanced roadmap I am working on which includes epics that have stories underneath then, some of the stories for the epic will go to different teams (defined these for the plan)

I have tied the roadmap to a filter because we want to look at a certain subset of our overall project.

I have filter criteria on the epics, release and two custom fields.

The stories are not included in the roadmap because of this filter, however I want to find a way to pull them in.

1. Want to estimate the stories and not the epics

2. Want to be able to create or look at capacity per team

3. don't want to duplicate a bunch of info (release and info in two custom fields which are part of filter)

Any suggestions here? Should I not be estimating at story level? Problem is not all tasks have same team makeup, some have iOS and Android only, some iOS Android and Web, some Android only.

I would like to schedule the stories using custom teams for each platform.

2 answers

0 votes
cburkhar August 24, 2022

I used Script Runner like so: "issueFunction in issuesInEpics(Filter = "my filter")"

0 votes
padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

I do something similar to this with the following filter: 

key in (ABC-1, ABC-2) OR (issuekey in childIssuesOf(ABC-1) OR issuekey in childIssuesOf(ABC-2)) 

Let's assume I have two epics, ABC-1, and ABC-2.

This filter gets the epics and all of their descendants, even grandchildren, etc.

Past that, be sure that you have your hierarchy view extended all the way down to the level that contains your stories.

Annotation 1.png 

cburkhar August 9, 2022

Great thanks I think I am getting close, how can I do it without specifying the keys?

I tried this, how can I pass in a filter to childIssuesOf?

portfolioChildIssuesOf("filter=18026")

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

You can actually just put the JQL into portfolioChildIssuesOf

portfolioChildIssuesOf("issuetype = story")

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events