Pull Request Status on Card

Anton Ukhanev July 30, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to display the status of one or many pull requests that are associated with an issue on that issues card in an Agile board. Currently, there's a Chrome plugin that displays GitHub pull request status, but I work with BitBucket. This feature could tap into the native way an issue works, thus displaying any trackable pull request, instead of pull requests from just one particular hosting provider.

With this feature, it would be much faster to know if an issue that is "Done" can actually be released, since it's pull request must be accepted first to make that possible. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to include this information neither on the card itself, nor in the Issue Detail View.

1 answer

3 votes
Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2015

Hi Anton,

You can't display the PR status on the card but you can display it in the Issue Detail View. To get that working you need to link your BitBucket repositories to JIRA using the DVCS Connector. Once this has been done you should see commit and Pull Request information on Issues and the Agile Boards Issue Detail View.

You might be also interested in Workflow Triggers to transitions issue automatically from Pull Requests being opened or closed.

Cheers

Alan

Joey Castillo August 12, 2016

Alan, the 2 says agao I saw PR status on a JIRA card in sprint view. Then it went away. I want it back. Do you know why it showed up then disappeared?

David Langton August 30, 2016

Yeah, I had just got used to seeing the (very helpful) PR status icons on the bottom left of each card on the board, and now they've gone again!

The Pull Request status is known to JIRA , in fact it is still there on the detail view. I just really liked the little icons on the cards too!

Ian Taylor September 15, 2016

We too found this very useful. Is there a feature request we can up-vote?

Dave Clarke November 7, 2016

Any update on this?

Wynn Slater November 28, 2016

I, too, would find this very useful.

Megan Chinburg December 14, 2017

I would like this too

alexander_bieber_hl January 5, 2018

+1

Samuel Eklund August 21, 2018

+1

Brian Keenan September 27, 2018

Ruby Choonoo February 21, 2019

+1

mateus.amorim November 26, 2019

+1

Jesus Real Serrano December 11, 2019

IMHO

- the pr of a ticket should be visible in the board (Jira)  and

- the reviewer should be able to assign the pr to himself (Bitbucket)

I have been working for a while with Zenhub and now coming back to Jira, feels really bad to not have this options, because:

- How do you know if someone is reviewing the pr already? All you know is the ticket is in the "In Review" column. This is not enough, there is essential information lacking when you look at the board.

Another flow which is essential and present in Github but missing on Bitbucket:

- In the context of a pr, a reviewer requests changes to the developer. We have to use pr comments to do that, makes the job but there should be a workflow for that.

Thanks for considering this feedback! :) 

Like DerekF likes this
Péter Orosházi October 8, 2020

+1

Rehan Ahmad October 27, 2020

I have been looking for this feature too. So I have implemented it myself as a chrome extension!

Anyone else interested to show Github PR approval status on the cards please try my open source web extension:

screenshot1.pngIt has proven to be a great tool for our teams. Hope it helps your teams too

Like # people like this
Ivan Zaikin March 21, 2021

Could you please enable it at *.jira.com? Currently it is only enabled at *.atlassian.net

Rehan Ahmad March 23, 2021

Hi @Ivan Zaikin kindly contact me from the issues page of the github repo. I would need more information as I do not have access to anything on jira.com. How can I test?

https://github.com/rehangit/prstatus/issues

Like Ivan Zaikin likes this

Suggest an answer