Public filter not available to Confluence-only users

Ron Judenberg October 26, 2021

I have Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence installed in the Cloud

All our employees have Confluence access.  Only the Engineering team has Jira access

I am trying to display a widget with a Jira filter on a Confluence page but I keep seeing the message "JIRA project doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it."

Things I've tried

• I have allowed dashboards and filters to be shared publicly.
  • I have given access to the project to both Public and our "Confluence Users" group
  • I have tried setting the Filter's access to Public, My Organization, and "Confluence Users"

Things I've noticed

• if the FIlter is public, I can see the filter directly (not through Confluence) if I am NOT Logged in
  • If I am logged in as a Confluence (only) User I cannot see the filter directly, I am instead redirected to the Service Management Portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

I'm not an authority on this but I suspect that the issue is your users are logged into Confluence, and therefore when they access the page with the Jira filter the filter is trying to use that user's credentials to establish authorization to see the Jira data. If those users of your site have not been granted access to the Jira product, they won't be authorized to see the Jira information.

I'm not sure if there is a way for authenticated Confluence users to access Jira data via Confluence as a "public/anonymous" user of Jira.

Suggest an answer