Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Proyectos

Hi,

I have a query, but first I want to get the context.
I have many projects, and I want a user to only see one, when I give him permissions he can see all the projects.

I'm a newbie to touring, what should I do?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Jul 12, 2021

here are some articles you might want to become comfortable with:

basically if you wish to limit an individual to a specific project then ensure that the user does not fall into any role/group that has permissions to other projects

Are you working with Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects, or both in your environment

Permissions to see Team Managed projects are managed within each Team Managed project, under Project Settings > Access.

Permissions to see Company Managed projects are managed through Permissions Schemes. Typically the default Permission Scheme created for a Jira instance will give the permission to "Any Logged In User"; if the user has permission to login to your Jira instance then they have permission to see all the Company Managed projects. The specific permission in the Permission Scheme that controls this is called Browse Projects.

To restrict which projects the user can see, among Company Managed projects, you have to modify Permission Schemes (potentially more than one) so that none of the projects use a scheme that allows all users to see the projects. 

This article from an Altassian Team Member discusses how to do this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/New-to-Jira-articles/How-to-give-a-user-read-only-access-to-a-single-project-and/ba-p/1010143

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

176 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you