Properties - Exclude usergroups from being assigned

Anette Noll December 2, 2022

Hi all,

as I am not very familiar with properties I wonder if this is possible.

Is it possible to exclude a usergroup from being assigned by another usergroup?
Or:
Members of usergroup A should not be able to assign to members of usergroup B

Are properties even the right approach?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

@Anette Noll 

Properties would not provide that functionality.  There is not currently anything out of the box that would allow you to set this up.  You can vote for a feature request here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78279 for that functionality.  

I believe that some marketplace apps like JSU or ScriptRunner might help you configure this functionality.

Can you provide the specific use case as there might be other configuration options?

Anette Noll December 2, 2022

Hi  @Brant Schroeder 

the question in this feed was the attempt to approach my actual problem/question from another perspective.

Please see the specific use case in this feed (especially screenshots)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Restricted-assignablity/qaq-p/2206984#M235576

In short:

• We have role for customers
    The most important characteristic of this role is, that customer is not allowed to assign
  • Nevertheless, we want to enable customer to assign to certain groups
  • This works partly; i.e. icustomer creates an issue and can choose assignee from custom field user picker; issue then will be assigned to the person selected;
    this part works
  • Once issue is created and customer wants to edit assignee via exactly the same user picker field and same postfunctions it does not work

I find no explanation why this does not work for edit.

Anette Noll December 4, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder 

Thank you for your feedback and time!

I have found a solution to make it run in the required way (mistake was in Run as)

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events