Proper CSV export is not happening for few data

Jijendiran Ravichandran January 5, 2021

While trying to export a list of issues based on filters, few field values which consisting names are not exported in csv. Remaining names (which are values) to the fields are exporting properly. The main problem is not able to get the full list only few data is exported properly.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

@Jijendiran Ravichandran , you have mentioned export and import so unsure which you are actually doing. If you are trying to export then for sure some fields won’t export as you might expect/want. User IDs is one as this falls under GDPR regulations. 

@Jack Brickey I'm doing export and on that say example I have two fields PO Assigned and BA Assigned, with usernames A,B,C,D,E
Before Export:

PO Assigned: A,B,C,D,E

BA Assigned: A,B,C,D,E

After Export:
PO Assigned: A,B,D,

BA Assigned: A,B,C,

The thing is that few values are not exported properly facing inconsistency in it.
I hope this makes it clear for you.

Jijendiran Ravichandran January 19, 2021

@Jack Brickey  is there any thoughts on it. If there it would be really helpful

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

I really am not sure what might be going on TBH. I would have to see it and work to figure it out. 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Jijendiran Ravichandran ,

You want to export all fields data for the particular project or only specified fields. ? 

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESHI am exporting all the fields for a particular project. The problem is few data's which consist of usernames are not exported properly for the field. For the same field remaining data's are exported properly.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

i'm Sorry , 

are you exporting Data from JQL only right.

What is "username" you referring.

In Jira we have fields like Assignee , Reporter, Developer if any customized user picker and etc.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm exporting to csv using a button clickable on top right of the roadmap page. The username which I'm referring is the few custom field like BA Assigned, PO Assigned etc.. Few data's on these fields are not exporting properly. Facing inconsistency in export.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

I thought it's for JQL.

I don't have any idea about "Roadmap". hope you find the answer soon.

Suggest an answer