Project role(without administer permission) able to add /disable selection list for project specific

Deepali Bagul November 2, 2017

Understanding that only project roles with administer project permission is able to add and delete the selection list on the project-specific select field (addon). But we do not want the teamleads who creates workspace/branch to administer the jira project.

Here is our usecase. We have a field called 'Workspace' which is project specific select field. We want the project role Team Leads, should be able to manage this field but do not want this project role (Team leads) to administer (modify components,fixversions etc) the project. Let me know how if you can help me with any workaround. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Deepali B

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hello,

You could create a field which would read values from an external source out of Jira(by Rest call or database call)  then make a custom interface to manage the values in the external source. You can make such a field using nFeed plugin. Sounds like a lot of work.

You could also make a custom interface in Jira which would create field layouts for different projects and add options to the field. The custom interface would work from an admin user. There is also much work to do.

I can not see a quick win solution.

Deepali Bagul November 2, 2017

Thanks @Alexey Matveev,

This seems to be lot of work. I will give a  try with the proposed solution but I am really looking something based on specific project role.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2017

It is not possible. You get permissions for all fields or none. 

Suggest an answer