Project automation doesn´t contain all available fixversions

Christian Traub May 10, 2021

Hello all,

I would like to create a project automation rule for a specific fixversion.
Fixversions are created since 2016 in our project, that´s means we have a lot of them and would like to keep it.

My problem is that autocomplete on conditional filters only shows me fixversion from 2016/2017 and nothing more. I have tried to filter only for unreleased versions here aswell but I wasn´t able to do that.

For me it looks like size of results are limited on a condition filter? Is that true? Can I somehow solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hello @Christian Traub 

Welcome to the community.

Can you show us the rule you are creating, demonstrating the problem?

How many Fix Versions do you have in your instance?

Are you working with JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server (or Data Center)?

Christian Traub July 2, 2021

Hello,

sorry I'm a bit late with my answer :-(
As far as I know, we use the data centre.

If you take a look at my screenshots, you can see that I'm trying to select "Backlog" as the fix version in my rule and I can't select it for unknown reasons

It looks like not all available fix versions are in this selection. I counted it manually and there are around 90 fix versions in our project. Historically, our project has existed in Jira since 2016 and it is under continuous development. That means there is no option to get rid of any fixversion.

Is there are a global or local limit defined which limits our search results and which we can increase?

Backlog_version_notfound.PNGversions.PNG

Suggest an answer