Project User

andy January 23, 2020

Hi All, 

I hope anyone can help with this issue. I  am trying to bulk upload issues from csv file and the Create Issue operation requires user approver. I have Approver column in the csv file with the names of the project users. However the system is coming up with an error message stating two of the users in my user list does not exist and can't be found. For confidentiality, I replace the user name as "XXXXX"

"

• Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User 'XXXX' does not exist.; Could not find usernames: XXXX XXXXX ]
  • Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Could not find usernames: XXXX XXXXXX ]

"

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Galea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Make sure that the user does exist in the directory on JIRA. Also, from the csv file make sure that the username matches

andy January 23, 2020

Hi Jason.

Thanks you for your response.

How do i check the my project users are in the directory on Jira

Regards, 

Andy

Jason Galea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Are you using JIRA cloud or JIRA server?

andy January 23, 2020

Cloud. The confusion here is that, if I attempt to manually Create Issue.  In the approver field, if I type the first letter of the user name, their names prepopulate. 

Suggest an answer