Proforma Form Submitted in a Task to get copied to the parent EPIC

Munir Patel June 15, 2021

Hi,

I have a proforma form created for a Task that has a parent EPIC.

When the proforma form in a task is submitted, I want the proforma form to get copied to the parent EPIC as submitted.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Munir Patel - there is a ProForma API and some Groovy Scripts you can find here:

http://links.thinktilt.net/proforma-api

It is possible to copy a form and its contents using this Groovy Script here:

https://thinktilt.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PFDEV/pages/1550778969/Copy+Forms+to+Another+Issue

Does that get you what you need?

Munir Patel June 23, 2021

Thanks Pete for the suggestions. Will these work with Jira Cloud.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hey @Munir Patel - here's the link to the Cloud versions of the Groovy Scripts:

https://thinktilt.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PFDEV/pages/1588133907/Copy+Forms+to+Another+Issue.

Let me know if that does that job.

Munir Patel June 24, 2021

Thank you Pete. One more question on the script. Can the issue Key in line 1 be replaced with smartvalues like {{issue.key}} or {{issue.epic.key}} or {{issue.summary}} 

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

Hi Munir - I think you can use the {{issue.key}} smart value. I haven't tested this myself, though so I may have this wrong. 

Because the script is meant to copy the entire form from one issue to another, including all entered values, I don't think the epic.key or summary smart values will work. 

Munir Patel June 25, 2021

Thanks Pete for the responses and directing towards solution. Appreciate it.

Like Peter Preston likes this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Hi Munir,

I have not found that functionality out of the box with Jira. But the ProForma folks suggested I use the Marketplace app called Deep Clone to do that. It will copy the from over when you clone the issue. 

Munir Patel June 16, 2021

Hi John,

As per my understanding Deep Clone creates new issue when cloning. What I require is to copy the form to an existing issue. [not create a new one]

Thanks

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events