Process for adding a node to Azure VMSS

Jobin Jose January 22, 2021

I am using the arm templates from the bitbucket repo to deploy Jira Software to Azure. I selected 2 nodes tp be installed in the scale set. If I do an additional node later, do I have to copy the installation and local home directory from an older node?
I see that there is a prepare-install-script extension is installed in the VMSS and it does the jira installation automatically while I add a node but different documents says that I have to copy the directories from old node. Can someone please confirm this?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

@Jobin Jose 

When you use the template, no need to copy the directories.

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

@Jobin Jose 

Sandesh answer is perfect..!!! when you are using the arm template in azure..!!!

Like Jobin Jose likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Jobin Jose 

When you deploy the template, no need to manually configure nodes.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer