Problems with control chart (BUG) - issues not closed been exhibited

amandavarella July 20, 2015

According to my understanding, a control chart should only exihbit issues that are already closed.

If it´s not closed, does not make sense to plot the results and contribute to lead times calculations.

Here is an example of a controlchart of one of my projects. Notice the round squared dot1.png

When I click on it, I see that there are 2 issues that are contributing to this computation

2.png

3.png

In portuguese, Fechada means "Closed"  and Priorizada means "Priorized". I expect that only the Closed issues would be showed in this graph.

I know that I can solve this putting a quick filter that only considers closed issues. But I think it´s not necessary, because by definition, Control Charts have plots of issues closed.

As far as I can remember, the previous versions of the control chart dealed correctly with this issue.

Anyway, my JIRA version is: v6.0.8, so it´s possible that this problem is already corrected in recent versions.

Regards.

2 answers

2 votes
seamus doherty February 9, 2016

Hi.

I also experience this problem. I am using JIRA 6.3.

I would like to be provided with option to only look at Stories that are "CLOSED" and then visualise their cycle time.

Keeping the exiting feature of viewing cycle time through different phases in the board is also useful for me when you get down to the nitty gritty of see why issues are taling so log to close or what certain items have really fast cycle times.

Anyways, I would like the feature to have option of only viewing CLOSED issues.

thanks

Will McNelis August 12, 2019

Just giving this a bump as I am experiencing the same, and cannot work out why.  Seems there are a few people who have experienced this, but I have yet to find a reason or answer...

1 vote
Annie Ioceva August 21, 2019

Hello,

I ran into the same problem and I found the answer! This is how currently the Control Chart works, see the docs:

Tip 3: Exclude current work

The Control Chart shows data for issues that have been in a selected column, but are no longer in a selected column. This gives the cycle time (total elapsed time) for the issues. However, by default, this will include issues that are still moving across the board.

To view the data for completed work only in your Control Chart, create a Quick Filter with this JQL: status in (Resolved, Closed). Configure your Control Chart to use this Quick Filter.

In case this is a problem for you, vote for this Bug to be fixed - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12122

Cheers,

Annie

William McNelis August 22, 2019

That's got it sorted!  Thank you, Annie!!!

Suggest an answer