Problem with starting up jira. How to ignore the warning below and start jira.

Maciej Pietrzak October 20, 2017

The following warnings should be fixed, but you can choose to ignore them and continue starting JIRA.

Database: Your database is using an unsupported collation

Your postgres72 database is currently using an unsupported collation: en_US.UTF-8. You should change this to a supported collation:

• POSIX.UTF-8
  • C.UTF-8
  • C
  • POSIX

Review our documentation for more information on supported collations.

Learn more

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Maciej,

Are you, by any chance, using a Postgres database from Amazon RDS? I've seen this message before with another user who had it, because Amazon will default the collation to your location.

If so, it's not possible to change it or choose another one from RDS, but it should work properly and the error is safe to ignore.

If you're not using AWS RDS, you can change it using this procedure:

How to fix the collation of a Postgres Jira Database.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I installed the Jira and Postgres on Azure VM.

The problem is that i see the page with this warning and there is no way to ignore it?

http://help.itspro.com.pl:8080/secure/errors.jsp

I cannot follow the procedure from link you provided since i dont have access to my jira portal.  First step is to make XML Backup of the database.

Is there any way to bypass this warning. If i will get access to jira portal i can follow the procedure to change the collocation.

Best Regards

Maciej

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Maciej,

I see the warning but then also the error at the bottom about duplicate records which may be your issue.

Also, Azure is supported for Jira Data Center, and only using Azure SQL. For more information see Getting started with Jira Data Center on Azure. Without this configuration you may find that Jira might not work properly on Azure.

At any rate, I would try removing the duplicate keys using this article:

Jira fails to start due to multiple entries with the same key

• According to the error message above, there are 2 entries with the same key sd.custom.notification.batch.send

You'll want to look in the clusterdjob table to find the id for the job and delete one.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thank You for help ! My Jira is up and working again.

Kind Regards

Maciek

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2017

Maciej,

Happy I was able to assist you!

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer