Problem with 2 boards that get the same sprint

Michal Epstein January 12, 2014

I have created one project and a configured field named "Team" to separate between boards of different teams that work on the same project.

There are ~10 teams that work on that project, only epics and versions are mutual.

For 2 teams, the sprint somehow became mutual too. if I change the name in one board it is reflected also on the other. Yet, the issues that are linked to the sprint are different and shows correctly per team field.

I do have another board to reflect the entire project for all teams.

Any idea why this happened and what can I do to fix?

All other teams that works on the same project seems fine.

We have Jira 6.1.3

Thanks,

Michal.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2014

Hi Michal,

It seems that those teams are both using the same sprint, this probably happened because in your main board (with all teams ) you've created that sprint and added tasks for both teams to that sprint instead of only tasks for one team.

You could create another sprint and move all the tasks from one team into this newly created sprint.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Currently I could not find any issues that are mutual to both teams.

If I will create new sprint to one of the teams and move the issues to that sprint, how will I delete the old sprint from that board? wouldn't it be deleted for the other team as well?

Michal.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2014

Hi Michal,

If no more issues assigned to that team are in the Sprint it should automatically disappear from the board.

JIRA Agile boards only show sprints that contain issues that are part of the boards filter, so if the sprint no longer contains any issues from this filter it will no longer be shown on the board.

Best regards,

Peter

1 vote
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

Check the epics... are there epics common to those two boards in particular?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2014

Epics are also not part of a dedicated sprint in JIRA Agile. So you can have Epics across boards without having Sprints across boards.

Epics are common but this was the idea of one project - we have several teams that are working on same epics (different stories for each team).

We have this configuration for several teams but the problem occur only for 2 teams.

Suggest an answer