Problem updating neccessary fields, deletes fields of of other project when creating an issue

Marit Veldkamp June 23, 2022

I have some issues with the necceassary fields that need to be shown when creating an issue. I have two different projects and I wanted to update fields which need to be shown. The problem is now that when I change the neccessary fields of one project (software project), the view deletes the fields of my other project (discovery project). I already looked into it with my Jira administrator, but we really don't know why it doesn't work. Normally I can change the views easily depending on the project.

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds to me like you have two different projects that need two different sets of fields to be used for their issues.

My guess is that they are company-managed projects (you can check by going into any part of the project and looking towards the bottom of the left-hand side bar when it is expanded), and they are sharing the same configuration schemes.  Specifically, it sounds like they are using the same "issue type screen scheme" (or sharing layers below that - "screen scheme" or just "screen")

If you amend the scheme for one project, it affects the other project because it's the same scheme/screen you are changing - they're not project specfici.

Check that this is the case, and to solve it, copy the shared scheme, associate the copy with one of the projects, and now you've got two separate schemes, you can amend the project setup independently of each other.

Marit Veldkamp June 30, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this is not the case. They both have their own screen scheme...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Ok, could you try a quick test for us?

Start creating an issue in project 1, and make note of all the first few fields it offers you.  Do the same for project 2.

These lists may have different lines (I'll explain later if we need to), but they will be in the same order.  If they're not in the same order, we know that your projects are using different screens.  (But if they are in the same order, it doesn't tell us anything)

Next, pick a field that appears in both lists.  Pick one of the projects, go to its screens and remove the field (obviously, put it back after you've finished the test)

Repeat the "create issue" for each project.  Has the field disappeared from both create screens, or just one?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Hi @Marit Veldkamp 

Welcome to the community.

As I understood, when you make a change in one project screen, it reflects to other projects screen. So both projects use same issuetype screen scheme. You need to separate these schemes. You can copy the existing or create a new one.

Morgan DUBUISSON June 24, 2022

Hi,

To help  : https://<<YOURSITE>>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<<PROJECTKEY>>/screens

Marit Veldkamp June 30, 2022

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz ,

We already have two different screen schemes. One is the default (for the discovery project) and the other one has its own screen scheme  (sofware project).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events