Problem on issue created event on transition

Adrien MICHEL November 24, 2017

Hello,

I have a custom script that create another issue in a different board but the same project when a transition is trigger. But i've got the same error everytime. The issue is created but the link isn't created between the two issues.
i've disabled all the plugin i'm using on this environnment but this error keep poping up. Same for the 'string cast on applicationUser', i can't find where this error come from. Didn't find a lot on internet either. 

Thanks ! 

here's the error : 
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:515)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:604)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.RequestCachingIssueManager.createIssueObject(RequestCachingIssueManager.java:209)
at ASK_ajout_perimetre.run(ASK_ajout_perimetre.groovy:193)
Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:765)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:506)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.UserCFType.getDbValueFromObject(UserCFType.java:83)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.AbstractSingleFieldType.createValue(AbstractSingleFieldType.java:138)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField.createValue(ImmutableCustomField.java:692)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.issue.IssueCreateFunction.execute(IssueCreateFunction.java:81)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.executeFunction(AbstractWorkflow.java:1014)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.initialize(AbstractWorkflow.java:606)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:741)
... 4 more

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

There's a line here that says

ASK_ajout_perimetre.run(ASK_ajout_perimetre.groovy:193

That strongly suggests that you have a groovy script installed in your Jira system, being run either as a validator or post-function on the "create" transition, and the script is not right for your version of Jira.

Have a look at the workflow to try to find it.

Suggest an answer