Problem after installing insight addon

Efthimios Gkelis August 30, 2017

I have a problem with the insight addon. After my installation, it shows the following message that appears in the screenshot.insight_error.png

This message appears on all pages of insight and some of its jira pages.
The problem is only corrected if I disabled the insight add-on.
I also attach jira's log files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tr3y3vur20i4i1y/jiraLogs.zip?dl=0

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi Efthimios,
I took a look at your logs and found this entry:

2017-08-28 10:33:17,118 http-nio-8090-exec-9 ERROR themis 633x1178x1 nxhvg2 10.240.100.251 /rest/insight/1.0/global/config [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: bundle [com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight]
com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight]
    at com.atlassian.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects$1$1$1.call(TenantAwareActiveObjects.java:95)
    at com.atlassian.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects$1$1$1.call(TenantAwareActiveObjects.java:86)
    at com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.call(ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.java:38)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:
    - name:MySQL
    - version:5.7.17
    - minor version:7
    - major version:5
    - name:MySQL Connector Java
    - version:mysql-connector-java-5.1.40 ( Revision: 402933ef52cad9aa82624e80acbea46e3a701ce6 )
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: REFERENCES command denied to user 'jira'@'localhost' for table 'AO_8542F1_IFJ_OBJ_SCHEMA'

This specific error is known to happy specifically on mysql 5.7.x instances.  There was a change made to the permissions needed in this version of mysql.  Pervious versions did not require this references command.  But without this permission now, the plugin cannot create the table/foreign key constraints it needs to be able to function in JIRA. 

There is a KB on how to fix this in REFERENCES command denied to user.

You will need to run the command such as

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES,ALTER,INDEX on <JIRADB>.* TO 'jira'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
flush privileges;

on mysql, but you will also need replace the <Password> with the password of the jira sql user to make this work.

After this is complete, try to restart JIRA and see if you can try to reinstall this plugin once more.

Efthimios Gkelis August 31, 2017

Hello Andy,

Thank you for the answer.

I made the change you told me and now everything works great.

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 13, 2021

Same porblem after last upgrade of Jira

Jira v8.20.1

Something went wrong. Contact administrator rest/insight/1.0/global/config?

Suggest an answer