Priority Arrow has no option to change

AMIT SHARMA January 12, 2021

Any suggestions on why all Stories when created have a default Priority of medium? I also don't have any options to change it either. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AMIT SHARMA January 13, 2021

I was able to fix all of the issues...thank you all. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Great Amit! Would you like to elaborate on how you fixed your issues?

The purpose of the Community is not only to get answers but to share w/ other members what worked for you. This is largely the purpose of the "Accept answer" button. For future reference you should also place your "reply" under one of the questions not as and "Answer" unless of course you solved your issue in a manner that is different than the posted answers.

AMIT SHARMA January 13, 2021

For my issue/s: Here is where and how I made adjustments.

1. Added 'Priority' under CARD LAYOUT- Backlog. It was not there previously. This fixed the issue for me, now I am able to set the level of Priority as well.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi Amit,

You can add automation for a project to set the Priority to something else when the card is created. But Jack is right in that the initial value is set globally. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

yep a good workaround but TBH I hate it. well hate is a strong word. I love Automation but I fear it is becoming a crutch and automation can just flat out break when things change and once you have hundreds of rules then finding the culprit can be a challenge. I think I'm going to have to start a Confluence page to capture my rules and notes on the so I can search. I am also seeing signs that Automation will be replacing Workflow properties (post functions) down the road.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Agreed. It is really hard to find which rule actually changed something as I have close to hundreds now - at least dozens. I have to be very diligent to write a good description for each rule. But even that doesn't hold all of the information. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

we really should be able to set default priorities per project, and for that matter define priorities per project, and resolutions per project. 

actually, it just occurred to me...what about using a post function to set the priority? However, I just tried that and it didn't "stick". even though the PF is in place the default wins out. Thoughts on this?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

I am a little surprised that the post function doesn't override the default. Maybe with an addon that allows you to delay the execution? Like with JWMWE?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

In cloud the priorities and the the default are global not per project. You admin has set the default to be Medium. You can discuss this with your admin but Medium is a pretty good landing place. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events