Prescibe search - multiple fields

Mark Pleake April 8, 2019

I'd like to set up a search so that it's simpler to use for end-users and management.

For example, to search a single text term in multiple fields requires inputting a term like:

project = PROJECTNAME AND description ~ textsearch or summary ~ textsearch or comment ~ textsearch

to search for the term "textsearch" in each of those fields.  

I'd like to save a filter in such a way that the search term can be applied to multiple fields and users can be presented with a simple search box for example.

Is there a way to do this? I was thinking dashboard but can't see a way to pre-define everything but the search term itself, it all looks like prebuilt searches.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi Mark, 

Not sure that can be done. But what about going ahead and creating filters with the textsearch options already populated - especially if they are the same value for each field. Then the user just selects which filter to run. They should add the Project on the end if that makes it more flexible. 

Mark Pleake April 16, 2019

Sure, then with the sample text being something like "REPLACE-WITH-SEARCH-TEXT". 

But seems like that would be a great dashboard to allow searches across multiple fields like that.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Yes, that would be really cool. You might open a support ticket with Atlassian to get that on their radar/roadmap. 

Suggest an answer