Possibility of assigning tasks to people who aren't member of the project

Malte Redmann December 2, 2022

I want to assign a task to people in my organzitaion, but they aren't member of the project, in which the task is that I want to assign. 

These people shouldn't have access in this project but to this specific task. 

I just don't want that some people from my company will have access to hundreds of projects, because there is one task which is relevant for them in these projects. 

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Yes, this is possible if you create an issue security scheme, that would allow you to assign specific tasks to people so that they only have access to the task that they are assigned to.

Malte Redmann December 9, 2022

Thanks for your answer @Mikael Sandberg !

Where could i set up this in the issue security scheme? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Have a look at this KB. Basically you go to Settings > Permission schemes and create the scheme from there. I would recommend using project roles instead of groups when you can, that way you can control who have access from within the project instead of having to update group memberships. You would also need to change your permission scheme to allow users to set the security level and add the security level field to the screen.

Malte Redmann December 12, 2022

Thanks so much, @Mikael Sandberg !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events