Plugin to handle coworkers holidays

Support IVèS October 21, 2020

Hello,

In my company, we are using Jira Software 8.5.1 and we would like to know if a plugin exists to handle coworkers holidays: When coworkers are affected to issues, we need the End Dates to be extended if they take some holidays.

Thank you in advance !

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

Hi @Support IVèS 

we used BigPicture for holiday plans in combination with the Ressource manager.
And Tempo might help with this too. 
But I am not sure if they automatically reschedule end dates without an additional script. 

But both vendors have good support desk for those questions. 

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2020

Hi,

Tempo at least does not adapt delivery dates to any resources changes. Tempo Planner has its focus on resource planning.

BR

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

Hi @nina_schmidt 

Just to confirm - BigPicture will reschedule the task based on the availability of the resource in a given period in time, so no work will be planned for their holidays :)

I hope that this clarifies. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2022

Our team build an app for that: Vacation Manager for Jira

App uses 1 project for reporting absences. Users are grouped in teams with supervisors approving vacation requests, HR's are managing available vacation days and holidays etc.

Vacation Manager can be configured to display "user on leave" warnings - under each user picker! With this little piece of info you can easily tell if if someone is currently on vacation or on holidays: https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VMSD/pages/355074065/Customized+vacation+warnings 

It also provides API and can be integrated with external calendars (like Outlook): https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VMSD/pages/2342125569/Integrating+Team+Calendars+with+external+calendars 

0 votes
Support IVèS January 21, 2021

Thank you everyone for your help, my company have chosen and paid BigPicture.
It seems to fill the needs of the teams :)

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 21, 2021

Hello @Support IVèS

I am happy that you decided to give a try to BigPicture. I do hope that our plugin will make resources planning more efficient.
I am deeply interested in your feedback. If you have a chance, please share it here or directly via our Service Desk.

If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Best,

Anna

Support IVèS February 2, 2021

I'm not working with BigPicture but when the 2nd project will be fully managed with BigPicture, i'll ask a feedback to both Project Leader and i'll contact you.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
0 votes
Nicole Formosa October 23, 2020

Hi @Support IVèS 

We’re currently using Activity Timeline for planning with built in holidays tracking…you can also track days off and sick leaves in there.

Suggest an answer