Please help to fix the following automation rule

michael June 15, 2022

Hello, I am trying to create an automation rule:
When a Fix Version is Released, then close all tickets in this FixVersion as "DONE"

I get the following error and don't know what to do. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 6.29.33 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hi @michael and welcome to the community,

As the trigger of the rule is a version the inititial input (scope) to the rule is a {{version}}. So the condition right after your trigger fails as there is no issue.

There is even a branch that covers all issues of a version. Please see attached screenshot. As far as I understood your requirement correctly this should fullfill the expected behaviour.

image.png

Hope this was helpful.

Best
Stefan

michael June 21, 2022

Thank you @Stefan Salzl . That solved my problem. Wow, I wish it would be explained better in the documentation. I tried to use JQLs and couldn't figure it out. You saved my day. Thank you. 

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

It‘s my pleasure to know I could save your day ;)

Pretty happy we got that working 👌🏼

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022
michael June 16, 2022

Thank you @Fabian Lim , but this link provides explanation that is too general and doesn't address my issue. My JQL runs well in Jira when I run it separately, but the automation is being rejected. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events