Plans/Advanced Roadmaps - Reorder Views?

Kim P May 11, 2021

We have a plan with many views and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to reorder the views in the dropdown selector.  Have yet to find a way.  Is this even possible to do?  At the moment, would like to have in alphabetical order, don't even care if it's asc/desc, just need like titles together.

If truly necessary, am happy to delete and re-create the views if I know what the order is.  Does anyone know how the order of the views in the dropdown is defaulting?

Plan views ordering.png

2 answers

6 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Kim P,

I believe that the order of views is based on creation date. As far as I know there are no plans to implement any view reordering - not because it wouldn't be a useful improvement (clearly it would!) but simply due to it's relative priority with other work on our backlog

Regards,

Dave 

Kim P May 12, 2021

Thanks Dave!  I'll try to delete and recreate in a more desired order.

Nathan McCourt July 19, 2022

@Dave - This would be a very useful improvement! Has it been raised with the Jira/Advanced Roadmap team? I would like to give a +1 to the improvement.

Like # people like this
James Seabrook June 22, 2023

@Dave Same here - there are some views which are useful but won't be used that often, whereas the newly created views are definitely used the most often.

1 vote
Thayne Munson January 31, 2024

I would vote for this functionality as well.  I am starting to create views for my team members to make it easier for them to see the work they are assigned to.  We are beginning to use these views as part of our backlog grooming ceremony.  Very helpful, but the list is getting long.  Would be nice to have.  Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events