Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Plans/Advanced Roadmaps - Reorder Views?

We have a plan with many views and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to reorder the views in the dropdown selector.  Have yet to find a way.  Is this even possible to do?  At the moment, would like to have in alphabetical order, don't even care if it's asc/desc, just need like titles together.

If truly necessary, am happy to delete and re-create the views if I know what the order is.  Does anyone know how the order of the views in the dropdown is defaulting?

Plan views ordering.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Atlassian Team May 11, 2021

Hi @Kim P,

I believe that the order of views is based on creation date. As far as I know there are no plans to implement any view reordering - not because it wouldn't be a useful improvement (clearly it would!) but simply due to it's relative priority with other work on our backlog

Regards,

Dave 

Thanks Dave!  I'll try to delete and recreate in a more desired order.

@Dave - This would be a very useful improvement! Has it been raised with the Jira/Advanced Roadmap team? I would like to give a +1 to the improvement.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

2,786 views 7 24
Read article

Atlassian Community Events