Planning board : How to associate/add a task to a story

Ritesh Sharma August 7, 2012

After creating story for a sprint, how to associate this story to a previously created epic. How to make epic parent of story/task? One way is to convert story to sub-task but this not the solution to associate a story to an epic.

I couldn't find any way to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

Since you mentioned sprint, I assume you are using Rapid board's Plan mode, instead of the planning board. Epics are not available on the Rapid Board yet.

Atlassian's recommendation is to use labels and quick filters in the interim (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Working+with+Epics)

Ritesh Sharma August 8, 2012

In that case, let me modify my question a bit. How to add/associate task to a user story?

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

If you prefer not to use subtasks, JIRA issue links between stories and tasks could work. Have you tried that?

Suggest an answer