Planning Board In progress and To Do counts seem odd

Mark DeMichele March 5, 2012

When I'm on the planning board for a particular iteration in progess, I noticed that the TO DO count seems to always be 0 and the In progress count seems to include the "Open" issues. Why is this. I would have thought, the "Open" issues would be counted as "TO DO" and the "In Progresss" issues would be considered "In progress".

Now, to be clear, I have a custom workflow so I'm not sure if there's something I did to break this. I actually renamed the "In Progress" status to "In Play". I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I also ran another interesting test. I put the "Greenhopper Project Progress" gadget on my dashboard and it too has this seemingly inflated number for "In Progress". I clicked on the bar and it brought me to the issue navigator. The JQL for "In progress" contained this: (status = "In Play" OR status = "Pending QA" OR status = Open OR status = "In Test")

I also tried this for TO DO, and the JQL contained this: status in (Reopened, Returned, Deferred)

After seeing the TO DO JQL, I'm wondering if this is by design.

Any insight would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012

I'd check Task Board configuration http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+Task+Board+Settings It looks like your Open status is mapped to the In Progress column instead of the TO DO column.

Mark DeMichele October 9, 2012

Well, this wasn't exactly the answer, but it lead me down the right track. Thanks. My Taskboard didn't even have a TODO column. I had named my columns other things. Turns out, it seems that when green hopper displays "To Do" counts it's basing off of whatever statuses are mapped to the first column in your task board. I adjusted my task board accordingly and now it's ok.

Suggest an answer