Plan mode has stories missing while work mode and configured filter shows those stories

Ashish Yadav May 15, 2015

Hi,

I have configured a kanban board. 

Board->Configure->General ( Filter shows 857 total stories and tasks )

Work Mode also shows 857 total

However, Plan mode has many stories and tasks missing.

I have checked the following:

01. No subfilters

02. Already checked and confirmed all points mentioned in the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Issues+are+not+appearing+in+JIRA+Agile+Rapid+Boards

The issue is impacting my burndown chart.

Please help.

Regards,
Ashish 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2015

I assume you mean "Scrum board", as Kanban boards do not have "plan mode".

Could you do a little analysis on what the missing issues have in common?  Are they all the same type of issue (or types)?  Specifically, are they all sub-task types (which won't show in planning mode because they're not needed for planning)?  Or do they have something else in common?

Ashish Yadav May 18, 2015

Hi Nic,

It is a scrum board. Apologies for the typo.
All the missing issues are stories and technical tasks.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Regards,
Ashish
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2015

Technical tasks are often defined as sub-tasks. Could you look at the list of issue types and check that your "technical tasks" and "stories" are *definitely NOT* sub-task types?

Ashish Yadav June 1, 2015

The stories are not subtask types for sure. Technical tasks are "Subtask" types. But, many stories are not visible in the backlog either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2015

So what type *exactly* are the stories? What else do the missing ones have in common?

Suggest an answer