Pie chart of total issues vs in status Category

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hi all

I feel like this may be a very noob question but I searched a bit and was not successful. 

I have 3 filters that show issues in To Do, In Progress and Done status categories ... and a 4th one that shows the total count of ALL issues across our Jira instance.

I would like to visualise this in a Pie chart but not succeeding. I would like to see 1 pie chart that shows the full circle meaning ALL issues across the instance and the slices showing issues in each of the 3 Status categories.

Please advise / assist how I can achieve this?

Thank you

Yatish

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav ,

I don't quite get the need or purpose of your four filters. It seems like what you want is to simply see a pie chart by status for all issues in your instance. Is that correct? Assuming so I would simply create a filter like this...

project is not empty

and use it in your pie chart and select status as the statistic. In this way, your total will be the full pie, and the individual slices will be your statuses. For example...

472FC03D-D764-47EF-93FA-72E5480C2D71.jpeg

if I have missed the mark here, please elaborate.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

@Jack Brickey thanks for the quick turnaround. I did try something similar ... but one thing to correct you on is I want to filter / 'slice' on the status categories, not the status. I am not able to find the status category as a field to use if I try that route.

Unless I miss something?

Thank you
Yatish

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

I'm afraid the pie chart does not yet support status category as a groupable field.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2022

Doh! I was a afraid someone will comment with a "I'm afraid ..." comment :P

OK thanks for that. I guess for now, I will settle with a word cloud that shows the totals in a 3 column layout.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

⚠️ warning ⚠️ hack alert

you Could consider using automation to set a custom field based on the transition.

trigger - issue transitioned (from any to any)

condition - If/else and use JQL condition (statuscategory = "to do") 

action - edit issue and set your custom field to TODO

Else if statuscategory = "in progress"

action.....

etc.

in this way, you can set up your pie chart using your custom field. One final note on this is that the automation works going forward not for existing issues. For that I would use bulk edit feature.

Like Yatish Madhav likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events