Personal settings for email notifications not working

Francisco Guimaraes February 1, 2021

My personal email settings are configured to only with "You're the assignee" and "Someone mentions you". However, I receive a lot of emails of issues that I worked in the past, but are not assigned to me now and issue I have never been assigned. Is there any other configuration that controls which emails are sent to me?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi Francisco,

It's probably because you were added to the card as a Watcher. There is a default to turn that on and off in the Settings > System > Default User Preferences

I think it is the one about autowatch. If you turn that off, that will help moving forward.

But for current issues, you either need to remove yourself as a watcher on those issues, or change the Notification Scheme for that project for watchers to not receive so many emails right now. 

Francisco Guimaraes February 1, 2021

The "watch my issues" setting is disabled and I stopped watching all issues that were set to my user. However, I continue to receive these emails.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

So you are continuing to get emails for issues you are no longer associated with in any way? Meaning you are not on the card anywhere? And users are not mentioning you in the comments?

Francisco Guimaraes February 3, 2021

Hi, Iḿ still receving notification that do not match my personal settings. I was trying to check with our admin, but could not get a hold of him.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events