Permissions for issues or attachments not to open/ not to have a look?

Katrin Günther November 9, 2017

For some Company intern  requests, we have create on Project and the colleagues have to insert new requests, sometimes with personal Attachements. Is there any possibility to change the permission for issues to open by an defined Person and the author? Is there any possibility for attachments - insert by anyone - only open by the author?

I have a test Version jira Software . Server, but it should also be able in the Cloud Version.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

Look at the permission scheme for the project (from the admin section).

This is a collection of "things you can do in this project" alongside the rules for who can do them.

You can amend this if you're an admin (make sure it's not shared with other projects, or if it is, they want the same thing).  You'll find rules are quite simple by default, things like "attach files: role - users".  You can remove that rule and add one like "Attach files:  Reporter and Assignee" which would say "only the person who reported this issue and the current assignee can attach files to this issue"

Katrin Günther November 11, 2017

Thanks, I looked in the permissions. But there is no permission that the attachments can only be open or view by defined users?  Maybe there is one permission the issue can only open by defined user?  I tested the perrmission ‚only the author can work on an issue’ (i translated from the german Version) but another person could open and make changes. 

K

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2017

That's correct, if you can see an issue, you can see all of it.

You can control who can edit the issue, and add attachments in the permissions.

The "work on" permission (assuming the translation is in Jira-speak) means "this user can log work on the issue".

Suggest an answer