Permission issue on Kanban with close permission

Soushi Iida March 17, 2018

We have a kanban board with custom workflow, with 2 user groups

Open > In Progress > Ready for Review > Done > Closed

We would like only 1 user group to be able to change status to Closed.

Both 2 user groups can move the issues from Open to Done.

I have tried updating the permission scheme - allowed Transition issues to both groups, and Closing issue to only 1 group but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to set this up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evan Golden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2018

Hey,

Recommend you put a condition on the workflow so that group can only transition to status closed.  This condition will be in place on the board as well, so only that group should be able to drag and drop the cards to closed status.

Hi Evan, that's what i thought as well but I cannot see "Conditions" or "Triggers" that I have come across on this forum.

I went into setting for workflow > Edit > display in text view, clicked on say "Closed" but nothing like Conditions appear. Where is this function? I'm using cloud version.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2018

I think you're clicking on the status in the workflow.  You need to click on the transitions, then you'll see conditions, validators, post-functions and triggers in tabs.

Hi Nic, you're right. I was going into status rather than transitions. Thanks a lot Nic and Evan.

Suggest an answer